Sunday 24 April 2011

The smell of a tropical breeze.

I'd just like to start out by saying that I feel as though I'll be posting in this blog a lot more than I had anticipated, at least until I start working... Have you figured out what to do with your time yet? Because I've been finding myself wandering around the house, repeatedly signing in and out of facebook to find no new notifications 5 minutes later (surprise, surprise), and cleaning maniacally. Not to mention my increase in 5 ranks on Tetris Battle (impressive, no?). I'm slowly coming out of the confused daze resulting from the sudden halt of brain stimulation - if only there was an off button you could push for automatic relaxation. Lately I've been associating relaxation, a word that's been coming up a lot in casual conversation with extended family members and friends, with a vision of myself on a breezy island beach in sunglasses and a floppy hat all by myself. I don't know why this has been popping into my head but it's lovely :)


Don't hate me for this - but I have to say I've never really been a beach person. Tropical holidays to Mexico and Florida, though I've taken and enjoyed them, have never been my first choice and I've always rather gone exploring or sightseeing. Then again, before this year I wasn't a lot of other things either. I feel like university is like a machine that eats you up, throws you around a lot, and then spits you back out as something different. It's so odd looking back at my grade twelve self, and even more so looking back on my preconceived notions of going away and how off-the-mark I was. 

I guess I should leave more to write for next time, hopefully not as soon as tomorrow (I'm going to get a prescription to be able to see in the morning!)

-S.

P.S. I'm determined to make an egg hunt for you next year. oo0o0o0o0o0o0 :) (those are supposed to be eggs.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment